GET IN THE ZONE – Occasionally you will watch a post round interview and the player says they were just ‘in the zone’. They will say they experienced any of the following:
1. Feelings of inner calm.
2. Feeling strong, full of vitality and confidence.
3. Feeling of uninterrupted concentration.
4. Genuine belief in own ability.
5. Being absorbed on the moment.
6. Complete control over worry, anxiety, emotion and muscle tension.
7. Feeling like their performance is effortless.
There are many different ideas about what it takes to get in the zone and it can be a struggle. What kind of mental skills do you think you need to get into a state of peak performance?